March 8, 2006

Franj-yeux



"I'm even the opposite of an anarchist, because from the moment where what's needed is collective action, I detest everything that's individual...when all's said and done, loving your neighbor is all very sweet, but we have to destroy before we can rebuild. And I think we might begin, as Saint-Just recommended, by depriving the enemies of liberty of their liberty. And then we'll go towards liberty automatically, whether liberty of action or liberty of art."

"Obviously, you have to be pessimistic.....Once I've eliminated all the undesirable potentialities I can be sure of winning, but I have to believe in all those potentialities before I can eliminate them...I think that pessimism is very profitable, and that it leads...first to fighting....then to a happy outcome."

-Georges Franju

No comments:

Archive